Thank you for your interest in the St. Martin Parish Virtual Learning Program.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TO UNDERSTAND PROGRAM CHANGES THAT WILL OCCUR AT THE START OF THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR.
The St. Martin Parish School District no longer offers a COVID virtual learning option; however, the district will once again offer courses through the St. Martin Parish Virtual Program as it existed prior to the COVID19 pandemic. Interested families should understand the St. Martin Parish Virtual Program will operate differently this year and carefully consider the following information:
- The program will service students in grades 3-12 only.
- K-2 students will not have a full-time virtual option for instruction.
- Students in 3rd-5th grade will receive their full-time virtual instruction through the Imagine Edgenuity platform, just like our students in 6th-12th grade.
- All NEW FULL-TIME VIRTUAL STUDENTS are required to attend IN-PERSON at the Virtual Center from 8:00am-2:00pm for their first 2 weeks in the program to support/assimilate them to the virtual platform and the virtual learning experience.
- All virtual students who fall 5% behind or more in a virtual course(s) will be notified by their Virtual Facilitator that they have one (1) week to get back on target in their course(s). If after a week, a student remains 5% behind or more in their course(s), they will be placed on a 2-week probationary period and required to attend IN-PERSON at the Virtual Center from 8:00am-2:00pm until they catch up in their course(s).
- Students in grades 6-12 will be required to take all Topic Tests, Unit Tests and Course Exams at the St. Martin Parish Virtual Center (or one of the high school Satellite Centers) without exception. These tests/exams assess students on the topics that are covered in the current grading period.
- Any student in grades 6-12 who require an exemption from testing in-person for medical reasons, are mandated to address this serious health/medical issue within their home-based school’s SBLC process and seek this accommodation through Homebound Services rather than with the St. Martin Parish Virtual Program.
ADMISSION INTO THE ST. MARTIN PARISH VIRTUAL LEARNING PROGRAM IS NOT GUARANTEED.
YOU MAY COMPLETE A REGISTRATION APPLICATION FOR YOUR CHILD, HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE ADMISSION PROCESS:
- Any student who failed a core academic subject during the 2021-22 school year is prohibited from enrolling in the Virtual Program as a full-time virtual student, and instead is required to attend their home-based school for face-to-face instruction to address their deficits.
- Any student enrolled in the SMPSB Virtual Program during last school year (2021-22), who did not take their assigned LEAP 2025 tests as mandated by the superintendent, is prohibited from enrolling in the Virtual Program as a full-time virtual student for the 2022-23 school year.
- All applications must be submitted by the established deadline (May 27th) in order to be considered for enrollment as a full-time virtual student for the start of the school year.
- Once the deadline to submit an application for the Virtual Program has passed, your child will not be allowed to enroll in the Virtual Program until they complete the 1st 9 weeks grading period successfully at their assigned school.
If your child's application is approved, you and your child will be required to enroll in-person at the Virtual Center.