1. School-Wide Improvement and Intervention:
School Wide Improvement Plans (SWIP) are implemented at each PK-12 school. These plans contain the eight required components as mandated by The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
2. Reading/Language Arts and Math Instructional Resources, Grades 5-8:
All instructional activities and assessments are aligned to the Louisiana Student Standards, located on the Louisiana Education Department website, Louisiana Believes.
Teacher resources are located in the Teacher Toolbox on Louisiana Department of Education website at http://www.louisianabelieves.com/resources/classroom-support/teacher-support-toolbox
3. Read 180 Intervention Program:
Read 180 Is a comprehensive research-based intervention program designed to meet the needs of students who are reading significantly below grade level. It is a program based on scientific research with proven results. Read 180 provides intensive reading, writing, and vocabulary instruction. **** READ 180 IS AN INTERVENTION AND CAN NOT BE SUPPLEMENTED FOR A CORE READING/ELA COURSE.
4. Limited English Proficient Program:
Title III is specifically targeted to benefit English Language Learners (ELL) children and immigrant youth. The funds provided through this grant are used to ensure that ELL students not only attain English proficiency but also meet the same academic standards as their English-speaking peers in all content areas. St. Martin Parish funds three ELL tutors who work with all of our ELL students to provide one-on-one assistance. Our Title III funds are used to provide supplemental English language fluency and reading comprehension interventions such as:
· IReady · Rosetta Stone · Translations (Spanish Language) · IPADS (assist in translations of student assignments)
5. Fine Arts Fair: Each Spring St. Martin Parish will hold a Fine Arts Fair Competition to highlight students' academic and creative artistic talents. For more information on categories click here.
6. Title-One program for Private/Parochial Schools: